Railroad Forums 

• Kankakee, IL

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#611139  by Conrail8124

I'm going to be stopping by Kankakee on Friday on my way down to Gilman to catch the IC Santa train. Is there anything of worth to stop for? Doesn't an NS line run through there ? Any railfan tips would be helpful.

Thanks!

Chris
 #611700  by Rockin' Roller

The NS does have a line going through Kankakee running east to west. They have a yard on the west side of town.
Not sure of how much traffic there is, because this track only runs from Wheatfield, In. to Hennepin, Il.
 #629121  by buddah

Too bad im only seeing your post now, Harsco from time to time leaves one of there Rail grinders in Momence Il ( 10 min East of kankakee city limits) on a siding track. I use to see it there every couple of weeks (spring, summer and fall) when I was out that way ( my mother lives in ST Anne) not sure as to how often it would be out there now seeing how winter has set in.