Railroad Forums 

• Abandoned E.St.Louis Yard

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#610069  by nwgp9511

When driving into St. Louis from Illinois on 55-70-64, there is an abandoned yard on the right hand side in E. St. Louis before crossing the river into MO. There is a fairly good sized roundhouse, several out buildings, and an admin. building with a tower. I barely remember going by there as a kid and seeing alot of activity, but now it looks grown over, except for a main line running through. Whose yard was this? Thanks.
 #615948  by kalvingp30fan

I just went on Google Earth and I think that i found the yard that you are talking about. Now it is very overgrown and all you can see is the track outlines.
 #616602  by nwgp9511

Thanks for the information, and the links. I was guessing B&O, but wasn't sure. From the highway, it's a cool looking relic of times past.