Railroad Forums 

• "Lima Southern Ry" 1909-14?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#596046  by salminkarkku

This short line was involved in litigation with the "Cincinnati, Hamilton & Dayton" at Lima OH in 1909-11, but it seems to have fallen off the radar. I can't find any book or map mentioning it, apart from the Ohio Transport Commision lists. Has anybody else heard of it?
 #605406  by MSchwiebert

Just a guess on my part, but I'd suspect that it was one of the predecessor properties that became part of the DT&I. Here's a link that details the history of the DT&I.
http://www.michiganrailroads.com/RRHX/S ... ePart1.htm

Note that a predecessor was the "Detroit & Lima Northern" while another was the "Ohio Southern" Perhaps a mis-entry into the records? Or perhaps the Lima extension of the Ohio Southern (from Springfield OH to Lima) was initally called the "Lima Southern"?