Railroad Forums 

• GWI acquiring Ohio Central

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#566928  by railohio

I'd imagine you'll want to watch this site for an update when they make an announcement about the steam operations.
 #567180  by tj48

ToledoTerminalRy wrote:wonder what will happen with their steam program?
I had the same thought. Somehow I don't think GWI will want to be the new owner of 10 steam engines. And GWI being predominantly an EMD user I also wondered what will become of the OHC GE's.
 #577736  by uhaul

Why on Earth would Ohio Central let themselves be bought by GWI?

9-11-01
9-11-08
"May we never forget those who perished on that day."
 #577764  by railohio

Money talks? The Ohio Central has had a "for sale" sign hung out for years now. Most just assumed it would be the Wheeling that would take it over; GWI came right out of left field.
 #577815  by Redside20

From sources close to the Ohio Central and Jerry Jacobson. Jerry Jacobson is slowly succumbing to Leukemia so he took the money and ran
 #579232  by nycrick

According to an article in the current issue of TRAINS magazine the OC steam program was not part of the sale.
 #582208  by Smtimko

From sources inside the Ohio Central, the stable of steam locomotives and some vintage diesels, such as the F-M's are not part of the deal and will be moved to the NEW roundhouse that is being built south of Sugarcreek. Two switches have been installed on the OC line to access this new facility.

SMT
 #582523  by railohio

Per my sources from this past weekend a location for the roundhouse hadn't been chosen yet. Has that been changed this week?
 #721156  by mogadad

You got some pretty bad sources. On Sptember 9th, when I passed the site there were four very long storage tracks along with approach tracks. There was a pile driver building the outer wall of the turn table pit. Turntable has been on site, in three large sections for months. It's within sight of Jerry's house and the locals love him so don't try to go roaming around the site.
 #721159  by mogadad

BTW there's an Alco RS 18 I believe still in OC colors in downtown Sugarcreek across from the hobby shop
 #722098  by railohio

mogadad wrote:You got some pretty bad sources. On Sptember 9th...
You do realize you're mocking a post that's almost a year old, right?