Railroad Forums 

• Railfanning Youngstown..

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#544395  by PRRGuy

I'm going to be in Youngtown for a few days in July and I'd like to do some railfanning while I'm there. Anyone know any good spots/interesting equipment in the area?

Also I've heard the LTEX is not too far away, do they still let people in to photograph? If not, where are some spots to shoot from public property?

Ryan
 #552038  by Rick F.

You'll want to go to Center Street. Everything through Youngstown funnels through there. Don't go there at night. It may not be safe.

The Ohio Central facility is at Division St. That is, under the SR 711 bridge.

LTE is in McDonald.

Just north of Y-town, at Doughton (Hubbard) the lines to Ashtabula and Meadville split.

Hope this helps.