Railroad Forums 

• tired of the same old railfan spots

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#534316  by Redside20

Is there any railfan besides me, that is tired of the same old railfan watering holes ie Fostoria, Deshler, Berea? Would anybody be willing to try some place new in Ohio. I think Leipsic would be the ideal place to railfan. How about Troy? near Dayton. Well besides those two places, these are places i think would be a nice meeting spot

1. Leipsic
2. Troy
3. Quincy
4. London?
5. Springfield
6. Bucyrus
7. Upper Sandusky
8. Conneaut
9. Ashtabula
10. Huron
11. Overpeck
12. Bellevue
13. Bloomdale
Would anybody consider these places?

#537003  by Otto Vondrak

What are you looking for that you want to try something new? Is it merely the location that bores you or the railroad or both?

#537020  by Redside20

Hi Otto, well honestly as a person who frequents Fostoria alot there is alot to be desired by railfanning there. of course like every other railfan, nothing beats a train traveling by less than 5 feet from where your standing without a fence in your way or the camaderie of fellow railfans at your side. However this past year and a half, things have kind of going downhill in terms of quality of railfanning in and around Fostoria. Every time somebody crosses or walks down the track we get blamed for it. We get harrassed and threatened by the locals who aren't the smartest or the brightest to walk the earth. That railfan park lady who is pain in every railfans side. If you disagree with her on the tiniest little thing she will berate you and chastise you, and who is just in this for her own political and personal gain. In my opinion, thats not the best way to attract tourist and foamer dollars. She has chased away alot of railfans. So i have looked elsewhere to do some quality railfanning

Deshler-self explanatory, at least its better than Fostoria
Berea- tired of being cooped up in that little parking lot with all those nasty foamers who don't even bother to go anywhere else in ohio to railfan.

I hope you get the point

#539026  by Redside20

i guess it would help to go out of state to do some quality railfanning as well. It also helps to railfan out in remote locations as well in ohio :-D