Railroad Forums 

• Mendota Sub Ops Questions

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#504093  by route_rock

The only time it happens is when there is a detour like when the UP train tore up both mains last summer.Other than that no LPC trains go via Mendota sub.

I think a few travel up to Lacrosse from there but thats always a yard transfer job to get to Cicero and then its symboled out of there ( I think dont hold me to that)

Mendota Sub trains are usually Coal, M trains and Grain. BRC,CNI,NSI,CHC, all come this way.

#504095  by Rockingham Racer

Thanks. If there IS a detour off the Chillicothe onto the Mendota, I'm wondering how they'd double back to get to LPC.

#504839  by CN_Hogger

Rockingham Racer wrote:Thanks. If there IS a detour off the Chillicothe onto the Mendota, I'm wondering how they'd double back to get to LPC.
There wouldn't be any doubling back. They would just get on the EJ&E at Eola and head to Joliet, the same way that the LPC trains coming off the C&I go.