Railroad Forums 

• Maumee and Western

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#501769  by VITO

Hello all i am new I read a post about the MAW. I thought at one time they were sub leasing a SuzieQ SD 70M any info on that? Also do they have a yard and anyone know of a track plan online? Thank U
 #502478  by mike

VITO,

Welcome aboard.

No, the MAW has never leased any power of that size. I'm not sure their track could begin to handle power of that size. Their current power includes a mix of different stuff including I believe a GP10 that is still painted in Illinois Central paint. RailAmerica's I&O was leasing 3 of the SusieQ sd70s, but according to rumor, these units may be destined for Florida, specifically the FEC. All three units are currently at W&LE's Brewster shops for major work.

They have a "yard" in Defiance used for interchange with CSX there. The diamonds in Defiance were recently replaced. Even with the diamond replacement, the MAW operates in two separate pieces. One runs from the CSX in Defiance to Napoleon and Liberty Center. The other part runs from from Woodburn Indiana to the LaFarge quarry to the south of Cecil. Between these two points, the track is out of service. The activity between these two points of recent note involved the storage of some autoracks for CSX on the west/south side of the CSX main.

Sorry, no track diagram. For a general idea of the track layout, check out local.live.com and follow the ex-Wabash main beginning in Libery Center and work your way southwest until you get to Ft. Wayne.
 #502543  by VITO

Thanx for the info on the MAW i do recall the I&O leasing the Sd 70s now that you mention it. I dont seem to be able to find many pics. More local interest than national i guess. Once again thank you.

#502612  by nycrick

There are 22 MAW pics on George Elwood's Fallen Flags site. They're listed under Miscellanous "M" Railroads.

www.rr-fallenflags.org
 #502855  by railohio

VITO wrote:Thanx for the info on the MAW i do recall the I&O leasing the Sd 70s now that you mention it. I dont seem to be able to find many pics. More local interest than national i guess. Once again thank you.
There aren't many people around here interested, either.

~BS
 #502935  by VITO

railohio wrote:
VITO wrote:Thanx for the info on the MAW i do recall the I&O leasing the Sd 70s now that you mention it. I dont seem to be able to find many pics. More local interest than national i guess. Once again thank you.
There aren't many people around here interested, either.

~BS
Sorry i did not know of the lack of interest in the MAW.Railohio. I was trying to be polite but my fault for asking. Once again thank you for your kind response.

#502977  by railohio

I am one of the few northwest Ohio railfans that have shot it. Most don't seem to care just because their locomotives don't have fancy paint.

~BS

MAW

#503090  by VITO

I always thought shortlines were interesting. I worked for a major carrier way back when and it was too large to warm up to.