Railroad Forums 

• Lincoln street overpass Galesburg,Illinois

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#38011  by Lso Galesburg, Illinois

hi rail buffs. i am mike and i live in Davenport,Iowa. I want to share with you a hot spot to watch trains. It is at the Lincoln Street overpass in Galesburg,Illinois. There are 2 double tracks crossing over each other[ one is going above while the other is going under it]. Joing it is the Savanna line, that veers off of the tracks on top, so there are 5 lines there, meaning that you can see 5 trains in a very short amount of time. this past thursday night[ july 22, 2004] i saw 14 trains in 2 hours and 49 minutes. one train had 9 engines on the front. i have had other days just like this there. you should really check this place out. thanks, mike. [email protected] 7/25/04