Railroad Forums 

• CUT Passenger Cars

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#385998  by ToledoTerminalRy

Where did all the older passenger cars go that were at MLKJr Plaza, Central Union Terminal. There were about 4 or 5 cars sitting on the first stub track 2 years ago for sure but now they are gone. Anyone have any info on these cars?

Ryan

#389065  by WNYRailfan

They were moved in June 2004 I believe. Someone should know more...

I also wonder who owns the dilapidated sleeper car that sits under the I-75 bridge over the old Wabash yard (next to the Maumee River). The car is in the now Anderson's yard and it is rusting away.

#389130  by nycrick

The old commuter car at Anderson's was originally to be used for that proposed tourist line (Toledo Central) that was going to use the old Cloverleaf next to the AW Trail. I don't know why it's still there.

The Port Authority canceled the lease that private car owners had to keep their cars at CUT!

#389489  by esprrfan

IIRC NS also took out the switch the lead to those cars, so had they remained there they would of then been isolated.

#501503  by WNYRailfan

Any updates as to the future of the passenger car sitting in the old Wabash yard in Toledo?