Railroad Forums 

• B&O business car

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#26465  by O-6-O

Anybody know of a B&O business car in Toledo? I heard its fully retored
and Amtrack certified. Number? Thanks Buckeyes.

STEAM ON
/--OOO--:-oo--oo-

#26505  by nycrick

It's kept at Union Station along with several other private cars including one from the Hocking Valley. Unfortunately I don't know the number but I'll try to get it for you. :)
 #169347  by HV4005

Hello,

The Car from the Hocking Valley is really a Missouri P Obvs Car 11. Once on the Hocking Valley Scenic Railway untill sold in the 1980's. Do you happen to have photos of this car?

#169799  by nycrick

Yes, I have pictures of this car. Unfortunately my filing system isn't what it should be(there isn't one) and I haven't found them yet. As Soon as I do I'll contact you. :-)

#170348  by jimnorthwood

All of the private cars that were stored at MLK Plaza in Toledo are gone. One supposedly was sold to Ohio Central, while another was moved to Grand Rapids, MI. I don't know about the disposition of the others. Reason that I heard was that storage fees were raised to an exhorbitant level, in order to get rid of the cars. Apparently that tactic, if true, was successful.