Railroad Forums 

• NS on the TT

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#19538  by ToledoTerminalRy

Since the beginning of this month the NS have been running about 3-4 trains a day on the TT. They have ran both north and south, usually 1 engine a SD40 or 50 or a GP some with high-hoods. This is odd - to me - I have never seen the NS on the TT before this month, and now all ther sudden. Its not like CSX is using NS power, NS are pulling their own trains, even coal, thats what really struck me as odd. So if anyone knows any details as to why they are running now and for how long let me know.
Now I can catch all kinds of power without leaving my backyard!!! :D

Ryan

#19661  by nycrick

Whay part of the TTRR is this?
 #19738  by MSchwiebert

Yesterday, I saw the northbound NS puller leave Walbridge yard. I'm suspecting that before the changes over @ Stanley, that this train took all former CR trackage (north past Stanley Tower etc.) to leave Stanley yard. Apparently this yard work is being done at Walbridge, and the pullers use the Terminal to access Walbridge instead. As for the coal, it would depend what kind of cars they were. I have seen a NS train with "traditional" (bottom dump steel) hopper cars on the former PRR heading towards Woodville, presumably for limestone loading so this may be a possible explanation. If the cars were the aluminum rotary dump cars with utility coal, I wouldn't know why they would be on the TT.

#20084  by chessie8212

I have seen a NS train with "traditional" (bottom dump steel) hopper cars on the former PRR heading towards Woodville, presumably for limestone loading so this may be a possible explanation.
I had no clue that NS serviced the lime plant near Woodville. Perhaps that was actually a CSX train heading that way with NS power on power/lease payback??? That is definately an odd situation though.

#20449  by ToledoTerminalRy

Whay part of the TTRR is this?

Its on the CSX main from Walbridge, north

I have seen a NS train with "traditional" (bottom dump steel) hopper cars on the former PRR heading towards Woodville, presumably for limestone loading so this may be a possible explanation.

These were the "traditional" style but were heading North, I couldnt tell if they were full or not, it was quite dark.

Ryan