Railroad Forums 

• Mackinaw

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#875  by MR77100

Mackinaw Jct. is located just south of Peoria. The Illinois Terminal had a line that split with one line head east to Bloomington, and the other south to Lincoln and Springfield. The Peoria & Eastern ran east-west, and the PRR had a branch that came out of Peoria and made a hairpin curve through town. Sadly all of these line are now gone. What did the configuration look like? Who crossed who, and what passed over what?

#18729  by rlsteam

I just found your post while browsing this forum. The abandoned rail lines at Mackinaw are still shown on the 1991 USGS topo map at http://terraserver-usa.com. (Click to see the topo maps instead of the aerial photograph.) I put together a JPG image from four map views in and around Mackinaw that I can email to you if you provide your address. Write me at [email protected] . -- Dr. Richard Leonard