Railroad Forums 

• Oklahoma City

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#242922  by atlpete

Per my railfan buddy in OKC

#1 BNSF main(ex-ATSF?) at N. 13th Grade crossing, Very open, legal etc. I-35 N to I-235 exit Lincoln-OU Medical Center left [west] at 13th.

#2 old Rock Island yard at S. High Street North I-35 left [west] at 15th right [north] at High St

I can tell you based on the jpgs he posts that there's often regional-shortlline power (Watco lines K&O, SKO) lurking around the RI yard along High St. too.

Good Luck!

#275943  by Lincoln78

I had a good visit to Oklahoma city but spent too much time conferring and hosting customers for good railfanning.

I stayed in the Fairfield near the Crossroads Mall (south of the city at the I35/I240 junction). There was a UP track that went north/south over I-240 just east of the mall I saw a few freights in each direction over a couple evenings, not moving too fast. Seemed like a moderately busy line at those hours.
 #544261  by Lincoln78

Another week at the Fairfield near Crossroads Mall in Oklahoma City. The BNSF line had a lot of action; I saw many freights for the short periods I was watching. Just north of the mall and interstate this track is single-tracked so it was not uncommon to see a freight waiting to head north. I also saw a southbound piggyback train that had two large NS engines (sorry, I don’t recognize engine types).