Railroad Forums 

• Confused by old map

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#174434  by bambulance_dave

I found this old map on www.railsandtrails.com. It is the Ohio 1874 Township and Railway map of Ohio. In the section below, I have highlighted a rail line that I can find no where else. I have been a resident of the area for a while and have never heard of such a line. Does anyone know anything about this?

The only thing that I can think that it is (besides a mistake on the map) is the Columbus, New Albany, and Johnstown interurban, but one would think that it would pass closer to New Albany and follow the path of US 62. Also the only map that I can find the interurban on is a 1930 HVRR map of the Columbus Area. Or it is a horrible misrepresentation of the old CA&C line.

#175531  by Hoosier Joe

I have a 1912 atlas.It says one line is the C.A.&C. Other line looks like Toledo & Ohio Central. Joe

#176216  by bambulance_dave

I figured that it was a mistake showing the CA&C. Just wanted another opinion. Thanks for the info.

#177318  by Rabscuttle

There's a town called Sylvania in Licking County? Weird.