Railroad Forums 

• Video: Garret-east wanted

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#170590  by Owen McGee

My very elderly Mother and I were talking some time ago, and she mentioned that altho she has lived her whole life within earshot of the old B&O mainline, she has never rode that section. She's too old to get into a boxcar :-), and I don't even know it Amtrak runs thru there anymore (last I knew, it went thru about 4AM). She lives near Sherwood, Ohio. I have asked before on other forums with no luck, but this one seems like a good bet.

Does anyone know of a video- preferably an in-cab video - that covers this stretch of the CSX Garret - Willard section?

OhioTom

#170831  by railohio

A gentleman from Ann Arbor produced a video on that exact segment in 2001. It's normally sold through the railfan park in Deshler but I can dig up his contact information for you if you're interested. Green Frog also produced a video covering Deshler to Willard a few years ago and more information should be on their webpage. Neither contain any in-cab footage, however.