Railroad Forums 

• Riverport RR

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#168307  by dhaugh

I checked out the old Savanna Army Depot site, where supposed the Riverport RR has taken over the 60 or so miles of track within the complex. Besides a lot of old Army boxcars and switchers, I think they do have some customers who have located on the grounds. Does anybody know what they might haul in or out of there? I never did see any RVPR engines anywhere, although there were signs warning of "Unexploded Ordnance". Those areas were avoided.

#184759  by route_rock

I know they repaint boxcars and supposedly they have a spot fora winery ( rumor right now not sure if its going on)The place is subdivided for industries to move in with rail service.
Havent been on the Lacrosse side for a while but There was a lot of activity there.I think Riverport has a web site as well.

#186190  by dhaugh

I took a few pictures, including one of an area between two large sheds. There were old tankers spotted alongside loading docks, all single cars, not coupled together. It looked like they'd been spotted for a customer, but the buildings looked practically abandoned, the cars were fairly old, and I didn't see any hoses or anything that could've been used to unload cars. I could be wrong, but the whole scene looked very surreal.