Railroad Forums 

• Huricane Katrina, damage to CSX, UP, SP, NS, NORTA, etc.....

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#162586  by The Rising

Hello all,

It is with great sadness that I'm starting this post.

Seeing the photos of New Orleans underwater reminds us all of the fragility of life and the unrelenting forces of mother nature.

I'm hoping this thread can become a thread to discuss the damage wrought by this horrific storm. In particular, I hope that the railroad properties in the area faired well enough so that they can be used in the relief efforts. If anybody has any news to report, I'd greatly appreciate any updates you can provide.

I also hope that those in the midwest can forward to us back east and all around the country a list of appropriate charities that are working in the area so that others reading this thread can donate to in order to help the people of the area recover.

I wish all those who are helping in this relief effort well and send my prayers, and thoughts to all in the region who need help.

Well that's all for now......

See ya all later..... :(