Railroad Forums 

• Railfanning Advice for Cleveland, Ohio

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#1493982  by njtmnrrbuff

Hello,
This June, I may be visiting family in Northeastern Ohio, both Akron and Cleveland. What are the best spots to railfan in that area? I know that when I am in Akron, I plan to ride the Cuyahoga Scenic Railroad while in Akron. When I am staying closer to Cleveland, that is when I will do most of my heavy duty freight railfanning but I know that there is a line that passes through Downtown Akron. Where are the best spots to railfan in both the Cleveland and Akron area? I have plans to joyride the entire RTA light rail system and I want to photograph that as well. Two decades ago, I rode the RTA Blue Line from Warrensville to the stop closest to Tower City. Thanks.
 #1529243  by njtmnrrbuff

Thanks. I didn't make it out to Cleveland last June but I would like to in one of the next few years. Berea will likely be on my list and yes, that NS Line sure gets extremely busy. I would also like to railfan and ride the older RTA equipment before those trains are retired.