Railroad Forums 

• Crestline, Ohio

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#159167  by charlie6017

I was reading this month's Trains, and I was wondering, is Crestline pretty busy? Is it mostly with CSX? And what kind of use does the "Fort Wayne Line" see these days? Does NS even use their portion east of Crestline? Thank You, Charlie

#159216  by railohio

CSX and NS both run about a dozen trains a day through Crestline. The Chicago, Ft. Wayne & Eastern only runs unit grain trains into town for interchange with CSX and they all have power provided by that connecting line.

#161108  by MR77100

Crestline was much busier in Conrail days, with more than 30 trains a day. I remember back in 1998 seeing about 7 trains there in about 2 hours! Since the Conrail breakup, the diamond has been shoved over to make room for a new connecting track that was built under the bridge on the northwest quadrant. The PRR signal at the end of the platfrom has been replaced by an NYC style. Is the tower still standing?

#161211  by chessie8212

Tower's still standing. Looks to be in pretty good shape too.