Sheffield Steel Sand Springs,OK

For the discussion of the various Class III lines owned and operated by OmniTRAX: ATN - Alabama & Tennessee River Railway; BRG Brownsville & Rio Grande International Railway; CTRW Carlton Trail Railway; CTXR Central Texas & Colorado River Railway; CRL Chicago Rail Link; DCC Decatur Central Railroad; FCR Fulton County Railway; GFRR Georgia & Florida Railway; GWRC Georgia Woodlands Railroad; GWR Great Western Railway of Colorado; IR Illinois Railway; KFR Kettle Falls International Railway; MJ Manufacturers' Junction Railway; NKCR Nebraska, Kansas & Colorado Railway; NSR Newburgh & South Shore Railroad; NOW Northern Ohio and Western Railway; PNR Panhandle Northern Railroad; PIR Peru Industrial Railroad; SS Sand Springs Railway; STE Stockton Terminal and Eastern Railroad

Moderator: Aa3rt

scharnhorst

Sheffield Steel Sand Springs,OK

Post by scharnhorst » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:17 am

I came across this SW-?? down in Sapulpa, OK on Feb 22, 2014 dose anyone know anything about this unit? The cab number is 113 there was a set of reporting marks on the cab but they were in such bad shape that I could not read them. I'm wondering if anyone has a history on this unit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
no matter the weather or the country I'll still be trackside!

BR&P

Re: Sheffield Steel Sand Springs,OK

Post by BR&P » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:36 pm

Is that on display, or a parts unit? Very obviously not usable at it sits!

scharnhorst

Post by scharnhorst » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:23 pm

BR&P wrote:Is that on display, or a parts unit? Very obviously not usable at it sits!

The track that the loco is siting on is at the Vary end of the Tulsa & Sapulpa Union Railroad. The main line crosses over the street on the Cab side of the switcher and go's directly into the Locomotive storage shed. I just learned that this unit is being fixed up by the TSU crews and will be heading to the East coast I do not know who bought it.
no matter the weather or the country I'll still be trackside!

Zanperk

Post by Zanperk » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:58 pm

That's the closed steel mill in Sand Springs. They (Gerdau Ameristeel) own the Sand Springs Railway.

Return to “OmniTRAX Class III Lines”