Railroad Forums 

• Railfanning Advice: DFW Area for somebody without a car

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#1192686  by njtmnrrbuff

Hi Guys,
Between Aug 22nd through Aug 25th, I'm most likely going to be in the Dallas Fort Worth Area visiting family friends. They live in Richardson, Texas. I don't drive and my railfanning time with the friends will be very limited. However, I will have a lot of aloof time to photograph and ride the trains. Where are the best spots in the Dallas Forth Worth Area to railfan, especially for somebody without a car?
Here is what I have planned:
1. Riding TRE from FTW to DAL, and railfanning at a few stations on that route.

2. Riding and railfanning a lot of DART.

3. A roundtrip to Lewisville on A-Train, and hope to railfan at a few stations on that route.

Thank you.