Railroad Forums 

• CSX moving switches

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#132564  by ToledoTerminalRy

This past friday 5-27 on the TT headed North I saw a grey schemed CSX GP38 (didnt catch the number nor if it was a -2 although id imagine it was) it was hauling 4 flat cars the first and last were empty as it looked from aways away and the middle two were seperated long ways down the center and had a switch on each side (4 switches total 2 crossovers total) and were stood up as if i was looking to the ground at the switches as they passed. I have seen them transported before on semi or on flat car laid down but this is a first. Might this be out of Stanley yard or have they been doing anything with Stanley - I havent been over there in a while.

Ryan
 #133029  by MSchwiebert

Those turnouts came up from the south on the Toledo Sub (B&O) side. I saw them go by the house in Perrysburg earlier in the week. I figured that they were for the re-configuring of the interlocking at Walbridge.
ToledoTerminalRy wrote:This past friday 5-27 on the TT headed North I saw a grey schemed CSX GP38 (didnt catch the number nor if it was a -2 although id imagine it was) it was hauling 4 flat cars the first and last were empty as it looked from aways away and the middle two were seperated long ways down the center and had a switch on each side (4 switches total 2 crossovers total) and were stood up as if i was looking to the ground at the switches as they passed. I have seen them transported before on semi or on flat car laid down but this is a first. Might this be out of Stanley yard or have they been doing anything with Stanley - I havent been over there in a while.

Ryan

#133206  by chessie8212

I saw those sitting in Walbridge Yard on the way home from work yesterday afternoon. I assumed they'd be used at the junction north of Walbridge as well. They've recently constructed multiple new signal towers and such there, so I figured it was a package deal. They've moved pretty quick on those signals, won't be too long now before they fall and give way to the new hooded traffic lights.

#141701  by ToledoTerminalRy

UPDATE - 6-28

At 5:30 today CSX's C&O schemed Engine rolled by the house heading toward Walbridge with the switch MOW cars in tow (plus other freight) they look like orange (MOW) flat cars with a center beam like look car #'s are 920680, 920681, 920683 and 920684 so maybe some more switches are comming up so keep your eyes open.

Ryan