Railroad Forums 

• Fort Wayne Line Sold?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#8279  by railohio

I'd take that poster on his word. Can't say who it is, but he does have an inside source.

-B

#8281  by dti407

I see.
 #8475  by MSchwiebert

It will be interesting to see what gets sold and what doesn't. CSX will have to put together a package that is good enough to attract a buyer, yet maintain access control. In any event there's a lot of trackage between customers both west and east of Ft. Wayne (assuming the entire segment from Hobart to Crestline is sold), hopefully whoever ends up with it can afford to maintain it properly. My gut feeling is that it will be RJ Corman, for the following reasons: 1. They have recently been succesful in picking up other lines from CSX and 2, the other regionals operating in the area (RailAmerica/I&O, W&LE & Ohio Central) are not in a financial position to pick up and operate another large line segment.

Michael Schwiebert