Railroad Forums 

• Worthington, Ohio

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#122702  by cincybuck

Hi I am new to the forum and had a question regarding the rail line running throught Worthington, Ohio. I am thinking about moving to Worthington, kind of close to the tracks, and was curious what kind frequency trains run that line (ie Schedules). I tried finding the frequency on many websites and this seem like the best place to ask. If there are any websites were I kind find this information please let me know. Also, anyones insight on this here in the forum would be appreciated. Thank You

#123270  by catfoodflambe

I work in Southern Delaware County, about two miles north of Worthington, near the CSX and NS ROW's at Powell Road.

I would guess that about 40 trains a day or more uses the NS Sandusky Line - I very, very seldom see an hour pass without a seeing a NS train pass.

About 6 trains a day use the CSX Columbus-Galion line. Traffic on the CSX is unpredictable - with the crazy-quilt patter of lines in North Central Ohio, trains seem to vary their routes day-day based on crew availability and the state of operations at Willard. I suspect CSX would like to get rid of the line and move the traffic via Ridgeway and the ex-TOC line. They usually move intermodal that way since that's the direct line into the IM yard at Buckeye.

#166189  by MR77100

Be sure to visit the Ohio Railway Museum in Worthington. They operate a demonstration line that was built on the old ROW of an interurban. They have a nice collection, including an IT PCC car. The CSX and NS lines cross near the soutern end of their demonstration trackage.