Railroad Forums 

• Xenia

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

Re:

#1320943  by brokenrail

262 wrote:And also,the DT&I trackage rights,that originally were Springfield,Xeina and Cincinnati via the Little Miami.After the NYC,PRR merger were now run Springfield,Dayton and Cincinnati via the NYC.The DT&I run- thrus I saw in the late sixtys on PRR at Clement Yard,were all TOFC.There are some good threads on the Wellston Sub on the Yahoo B&O Southwestern see,(Carton Siding) and others. One poster that worked the sub says,the Wellston got a real work out right before its abandonment,to detour traffic around Cincinnati in prepairation for the Queensgate Project.
When I was there in '75-'76 DT&I ran Springfield--South Charleston (DT&I), South Charleston--Dayton (PC ex-PRR) via Xenia, Dayton--Cincinnati (PC-ex NYC). I'm guessing that this preferred over the NYC route (that later was used) Springfield--Dayton because of the DT&I yard configuration in Springfield. DT&I trains simply ran trough the Springfield yard and on to S. Charleston where the long time connection to the PRR was used.

I believe that sometime after ConRail DT&I used the most direct route via the old ERIE and NYC via Cold Springs and bypassing Springfield.