Railroad Forums 

• Amtrak 21st Street Interlocking

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#1104174  by commissioner

Is there anyone that knows what freight trains go through the 21st street interlocking in Chicago? I'm updating a train dispatcher territory and would like it to be relatively accurate. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
 #1104596  by charlie6017

I think I may ship this topic to the "Mid-Western" forum to maybe see if someone there can help. There
will still be a "shadow topic" in this forum so that it still can be accessed here as well.

Good luck!

Charlie
 #1115814  by Tadman

There are quite a few run-throughs there. I don't know who legally has rights to do what, but I've seen BNSF coal trains come through and UP locals on their way to G-1. Also, you've got NS locals coming to serve the paper place at 14th street. I think CNIC is pretty quiet these days due to the EJ&E takeover, but there's still a few trains coming through.

South Shore freight has rights left over from the days it owned CM&W, but I don't know that they've come through in a long time. Most freight is handled through B&OCT Barr Yard for them.

Far as I'm aware, CP, CSX, and the belt lines never come through here.