• Delaware Coast Line Railway

• Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Moderator: therock

by Teutobergerwald

That is good news. I heard Bethany Beach had flooding from the bay side, but the dunes held against the sea itself.
  by Teutobergerwald

DCL add any new customers or is anything new projected for the spring/summer?
  by Teutobergerwald

Anybody know if DCL has added/deleted any power and/or customers??? Thanks.
  by RailVet

The May 2013 issue of Railpace has a five-page article on the DCL with plenty of pictures and maps. It's well worth purchasing.
  by Teutobergerwald

Stopped off and picked it up this afternoon. Very good stuff.
  by Teutobergerwald

The DRBA's website has links to webcams that show various points of entry/exit to their system. There is a cam that shows the ferry terminal exit in Lewes. It's a small view, but I believe if you knew when DCL was making the run to/from SPI Pharma in Lewes, you'd catch the train coming and going via the cam across the road.
  by Teutobergerwald

Heading down to Lewes for a few days. Any DCL news???
  by Teutobergerwald

Long-weekend in Lewes coming up in a few weeks this month. Anything new with DCL to report ??????????
  by Teutobergerwald

Vacation in Bethany Beach coming up.......any DCL news or approximate movement days/times out to Lewes ?????
  by Teutobergerwald

Didn't get a chance to get up to Lewes to see if I could catch DCL.....
  by Teutobergerwald

Any news concerning the DCL ????
  by PVRX1

no. Havent been down there in a few years. I heard somewhere they scrapped the RS1, not sure if that is true.
  by RailVet

I haven't been out there myself for a few years but the word is that the RS1 was scrapped on July 10.
  by Teutobergerwald

Anything new to report with DCL ? New customers, motive power, etc ??? Thanks.
  by Teutobergerwald

Headed to the beach on vacation tomorrow. When might I be able to catch DCL serving SPI Pharma in Lewes ???