Railroad Forums 

• Delaware Coast Line Railway

• Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Moderator: therock

#827901  by Teutobergerwald

Is there a possibility of a run out to Lewes next Tuesday, the 20th, and if so, is that a morning job? I'll be there then. Thanks.
 #846180  by Aardvark

Just a quick update. Work is progressing on the new siding at the propane facility in Milton that's been talked about for so long. Also, there's been tie replacement done in several sections along the line to get the track back in shape for service to Milton.
 #846782  by RockGp40

Aardvark wrote:Just a quick update. Work is progressing on the new siding at the propane facility in Milton that's been talked about for so long. Also, there's been tie replacement done in several sections along the line to get the track back in shape for service to Milton.
Do you know if this will this be a Pep Up facility? Pep Up recently opened an LPG facility in Selbyville that is switched by the MDDE.

There was also work that wasn't finished on a Pep Up facility in East New Market, MD. They excavated in to the ground for where a switch would go, but then they ran into money problems. It would be nice to have that facility come online to give us more work.
 #851812  by norfolksouthern89

Update; I was visit to my friend so he live in Georgetown near Lewes so I see DCL is so fine everything so I see B23-7 does work on 3 tankers and one DCL caboose near Perdue chicken's siding.

- David
 #856997  by superman

Still nothing going on in the Ellendale section, although I've noticed the posts saying there's work being done in Milton. There's a few closings planned in the coming weeks for repairs on the NS section heading south, but nothing on the spur to Milton.
 #900050  by VaCentralRwy

SPI Pharma at the end of the line in Lewes had a nice variety of tanks: one each of UTLX, PPGX, and TILX (as opposed to the usual HOKX); no covered hoppers there on 2/12.
 #927366  by Teutobergerwald

Will be down in Lewes area next week. Anything going on there with DCL or just normal once a week run to SPI Pharma?
 #930101  by K3CXG

Anything new to post? Surely someone must live in the area.

("Of course they do. And don't call me Shirley!")
 #942061  by Teutobergerwald

Has anything kicked off on the Ellendale to Milton Branch yet? If I'm not mistaken, wasn't DCL or DelDot rehabbing the line starting last year?
 #949774  by R,N, Nelson

The service to Rehobeth has been gone for many years. In the last 30 years or so of operation, it was freight only. After the rails were torn up, the station was saved and later moved to the west side of town and now is either a real estate office or an information center.

At one time there was passenger service, right to the boardwalk. The track was in the medium of Rehobeth Ave from the canal east.

Norman