Railroad Forums 

• DC Metrorail MoW Locomotives

• Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Moderator: therock

#417454  by RailVet

WMATA plans to sell three of its five MoW locomotives, reportedly being prepared for sale at the Greenbelt, MD, yard. Four of the five are GE centercabs and one is a Davenport. All are ex-military from the Second World War or Korea War and are 44- or 45-tons. They're equipped with knuckle couplers and have had their roofs lowered to fit through the tunnels. The remaining two locomotives may come up for sale, too, in the near future. A WMATA representative said other transit agencies have already shown interest in buying them.

#417914  by Sand Box John

For those that may be interested your contact is;
Adrian C. Sclawy
Surplus Property Administrator
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
8201 Ardwick-Ardmore Road
Landover, MD 20785
202-962-5506 fax: 202-962-5541
e-mail: [email protected]

For those that don't know most if not all of these locomotives don't have roller bearing trucks. So removal from WMATA property will likely have to be made by highway vehicle.

WMATA has procured a number of self propelled cars that are now used to do maintenance of way work.
 #1382804  by Sand Box John

I have purchased several items from his office over the years along with recovering some other stuff by dumpster diving. I noticed his name missing from the surplus property page several months are, I though he might of retired or move on. Now I know why he is no longer there.