Railroad Forums 

• New Power for the Winchester & Western?

• Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Moderator: therock

#1481576  by XC Tower

Thank you so much for the info!
The W&W is an interesting operation....Funny how life works, in my seeing the small W&W covered hoppers rolling through a small city on the Lake Erie snow belt, then having my little Nephew who I used to take down to West 19th St. to watch the slow parade of a train slowly rolling at us with bells ringing and horn sounding on the locomotive with the engineer waving as it marched down the old Nickel Plate Road main right down the middle of that street I lived on....The memories made to be recalled in the mind.....35+ years later, that little guy lives in Winchester, VA,(home of Patsy Cline) raising his own family.....

XC
 #1488920  by D40LF

XC Tower wrote:Any updates on the purchase of “new” motive power?

XC
According to the Altoona Works Facebook page, former MEC 614 and 615 are being rebuilt at the Juniata shops for the W&W. These are SD45-2s that were repowered with 16 cylinder engines.

https://www.facebook.com/altoonaworks/p ... =3&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;