Railroad Forums 

• Delmarva Central

• Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Moderator: therock

#1474776  by Teutobergerwald

Whilst at the library earlier to pick up a book, I checked out the June issue of Railfan & Railroad. Big article about the Delmarva Central with good pictures and maps. Worth checking out.
 #1499764  by Teutobergerwald

How has the Delmarva Central's takeover of the DCL's operation gone? Any customers added or dropped?
 #1505622  by Teutobergerwald

Will be down in Sussex County Easter weekend. Can anybody tell me when we might see a Delmarva Central train- Friday through Sunday morning. Thanks.
 #1512817  by RailVet

The July 2019 Railpace notes the DCR has donated one of its three ex-Conrail bay window cabooses to Operation Toy Train. The caboose is ex-Conrail 21292 and here are some pictures:

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/rspict ... ?id=518541

I visited the DCR shortly after it began operations and I asked the operations manager what plans the company had for the three cabooses. He said they would probably scrap them as they "cleaned up the property." I noted that cabooses are sought after by others and they may have some value other than scrapping. Fortunately it appears the DCR realized that too and has donated one to a worthy cause.

Let's hope the other two find good homes too. When I last saw them they were sitting just across the street from the station, but for many years they were further down the track and had been set upon by vandals who really tore them up. It will take some work to get them back in shape but they're not hopeless cases.