Railroad Forums 

• NS Spins Off Delmarva

• Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Moderator: therock

#1406908  by rdgrailfan

Web site says it is now the Delmarva Central Railroad.
They have a few jobs listed.
 #1413762  by RockGp40

Yes. I worked yesterday on the MDDE and DCR had their locomotive up in Townsend (#2007). Unusual to see more maroon on the eastern shore.
 #1413862  by RailVet

These appeared earlier this week. The first is from the DCR's Facebook page, announcing the start of their rail service, and the second is a picture taken by a rail buff photographer of the locomotives in Georgetown, DE, just before operations started.

https://www.facebook.com/carloadexpress ... =3&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=4598108" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The second URL contains a roster of DCR locomotives:

Locomotives: AVR 3502(SD40-2) AVR 2007(GP11) AVR 2005(GP11) SWP 2003(GP11) SWP 3501(SD40-2) SWP 3503(SD40-2) SWP 2002(GP11) SWP 2001(GP11) SWP 3504(SD40-2)
 #1423565  by abear47

does NS run down through Delaware anymore?...........there's a large fuel tank farm up around Bear De and I think NS still does the switching there..
 #1425365  by RockGp40

abear47 wrote:does NS run down through Delaware anymore?...........there's a large fuel tank farm up around Bear De and I think NS still does the switching there..
Correct, NS hands off the oil trains in Bear to Savage who switches Reybold. They'll usually cut their power off and leave it there to use once the train is emptied. The Delmarva Central will use NS power to move the unit stone and coal trains through to Indian River. Otherwise, you'll see Delmarva Central (DCR) use their power or sister railroad's power to shift cars around Delmarva otherwise.