Railroad Forums 

• NS spinning off Delmarva Lines

• Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Moderator: therock

#1376588  by Sir Ray

RailVet wrote:I read about it a decade ago here:
http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/r ... ?2,1105608" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I haven't heard anything recently.
Sort of amusing (and a bit depressing) how that thread mentions the Chrysler Newark plant as an important generator of traffic, although traffic was down somewhat at the time.
Of course, traffic from that plant is now down to zero, as the plant closed in 2008 and the property was sold to the University of Delaware.
 #1376666  by riffian

Also mentions Edgemoor Yard as "booming". Probably not so much today as DuPont's huge Edgemoor Works is in the process of shutting down in its entirety and will shortly be razed. No word on any potential use for this river front property.
 #1376819  by RockGp40

Lakeshoredave, what forum were you reading about this if I may ask? This seems probable given the current woes of NS.
 #1379660  by bluedash2

Nothing but rumors. No filing to this day has occurred. The rumors started the day NS made cuts in the track dept a few weeks ago. Yes traffic is down, but NS is making cuts all around the system.
 #1379665  by bluedash2

Lakeshore- I'm sure you mean well and were just curious of the rumors but the title of this should have been a question. The title gets folks thinking the wrong thing. And yes NS mgt knows about the FB rumors and is dealing with it if you know what I mean. It should be titled "Is NS selling the .....??"
 #1380855  by Sand Box John

"bluedash2"
Nothing but rumors. No filing to this day has occurred. The rumors started the day NS made cuts in the track dept a few weeks ago. Yes traffic is down, but NS is making cuts all around the system.

Norfolk Southern's track department did a rehabilitation on line between Seaford and Pocomoke City about 6 years ago. In the last 2 years they rebuild all of the grade crossings between Fruitland and Princess Anne and added lights and gates to the crossing at Crown Road south of Fruitland.
 #1381247  by bluedash2

Sand Box John wrote:"bluedash2"

Norfolk Southern's track department did a rehabilitation on line between Seaford and Pocomoke City about 6 years ago. In the last 2 years they rebuild all of the grade crossings between Fruitland and Princess Anne and added lights and gates to the crossing at Crown Road south of Fruitland.
They have also downgraded some of the speed limits on the Delmarva. Certain sections that were 30 or 40 are all 25 as of a couple of weeks ago.