Railroad Forums 

• Railfanning in Vancouver and its Metropolitan Area

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Ken V

#1341679  by bdawe

There's usually plenty of HEP-1 rolling stock sitting around Pacific Central Station, whether they've been assembled into Canadians or not.

As for the Rocky Mountaineer, their station is about a 15 minute walk east on the other end of false creek flats, or in North Vancouver. Rocky Mountaineers to Jasper, Banff, or Seattle leave from the False Creek Flats station through the same route that the Canadian and Cascades take through New Westminster
 #1341724  by njtmnrrbuff

Thanks again guys. I will try to photograph the Rocky Mountaineer in N. Vancouver. I will be in VAC between Aug 3rd and Aug 8th(departing very early on Amtrak Train # 513). How is the photography situation in N. Vancouver.

As far as WCE goes, I will consider going to Commissioner St Bridge. Are there any nice overpasses close to the Waterfront Station?

I'm also considering photographing Amtrak near the old Braid Station. How is that area?
 #1341771  by bdawe

Granville Square to the west of Waterfront Station is built over the tail of the platforms there. The overhead walkway to the Seabus also gives a nice view of the tracks I would also note that a trip on the Seabus provides a very lovely view of town
 #1343006  by NorthWest

(Times are a bit fast so you won't miss them)
Northbound:
10:30 AM
9:30 PM
Southbound:
8:00 AM
7:00 PM

Amtrak 510 (Dash 8-32BWH) has been substituting for the P42DCs that usually pinch hit for the F59PHIs a lot recently, which is somewhat rare. Hopefully you'll catch it.
 #1343014  by AC4400

NorthWest wrote:(Times are a bit fast so you won't miss them)
Northbound:
10:30 AM
9:30 PM
Southbound:
8:00 AM
7:00 PM

Amtrak 510 (Dash 8-32BWH) has been substituting for the P42DCs that usually pinch hit for the F59PHIs a lot recently, which is somewhat rare. Hopefully you'll catch it.
I was on Amtrak Cascades 510 with #510 hauling it into VAC on Monday :wink:
 #1345171  by bdawe

The CP office car special is in town until tomorrow, and is parked in the yard up along the fence along Waterfront Road, by the Seabus Terminal