Railroad Forums 

• NJ - CNJ Freehold-Matawan Greenway

• General discussion related to Rail Trails nationwide, including proposed rail trail routes. The official site of the Rails-To-Trails Conservancy can be found here: www.railstotrails.org.
General discussion related to Rail Trails nationwide, including proposed rail trail routes. The official site of the Rails-To-Trails Conservancy can be found here: www.railstotrails.org.

Moderator: railtrailbiker

#79306  by Pacobell73

How is this coming along? Any work done recently?

#79514  by railtrailbiker

According to newspaper reports, the trail is scheduled to officially open sometime in the Spring of 2005.

#80269  by Pacobell73

Great, railtrailbiker. I tried to walk the line in January 1993, but most of it was impassible. Now, I can walk it---sorta. I lamented over this line for 11 years, praying that NJT would resurrect it. The rich NIMBYs in Marlboro put a stop to that. Now it's a trail. I guess I should be happy with something, huh? :wink:

#119384  by Pacobell73

Any recent news on this trail?

#129700  by railtrailbiker

Reportedly, the official opening for 6.1 miles of the new trail segment will take place on June 4.

Ceremonies will be held at 115 Dutch Lane Road in Freehold. Not sure what the starting and ending points are for the 6.1 miles to be opened.

#173077  by railtrailbiker

The new 5-mile stretch of the Henry Hudson Trail that runs between Marlboro and Matawan opens today, though many pedestrians and cyclists have already discovered the path.

This portion of trail, which cost $1.5 million to construct, runs between Station Road in Marlboro and Church Street in Matawan.
http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/articl ... 50418/1004