Railroad Forums 

• Railroad.net New Ownership!

• Important information from RAILROAD.NET site administrators. Need help using this site? Check here first! Your question may already have been answered here.
Important information from RAILROAD.NET site administrators. Need help using this site? Check here first! Your question may already have been answered here.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#1510868  by STrRedWolf

spRocket wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:06 am Note that thanks to Let's Encrypt, that can be done at no charge. Drawback: you must automate your renewal process, since the certs expire three months after issuance.
This is rather easy if you have Apache or Nginx. Lighttpd needs some finageling but I have a script that does the job w/o too much fuss on my domain (redwolf.ws).
 #1510883  by blackcap

HTTPS on railroad.net works like a charm now.
 #1510884  by Otto Vondrak

Jeff Smith wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:16 pmI want to thank the previous owner, who preferred to remain in the background, for the opportunity, and the owner previous to him, Otto Vondrak, who recommended me as administrator when he sold the site.
Please also credit co-owners Mike Roque and Jessica Stallone, and please also credit RAILROAD.NET founder John Stewart who launched the site in 1996 and sold the site to us in 2004.

-otto-
 #1510885  by gprimr1

Just enabled HTTPS site wide.