Railroad Forums 

• Thread Civility and Political Discussion

• Important information from RAILROAD.NET site administrators. Need help using this site? Check here first! Your question may already have been answered here.
Important information from RAILROAD.NET site administrators. Need help using this site? Check here first! Your question may already have been answered here.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#1406186  by Jeff Smith

Site Admin Note: as I've stated on here before, I've loosened restrictions previously in place (and they were there for good reason) on political discussion. And we're clearly, to paraphrase The Bard, in uncivil times. Several recent threads have caused me to dig up this old chestnut I posted in an old thread.

1. Hyperbole'. Yes, sometimes you need it to illustrate a point. It could also be seen as condescending.
2. Ad hominem attacks. Let's leave off the derogatory terms/names. If you wouldn't say it in person, don't say it here. Opinions are like, well, to not violate my own rules, I won't say except to note that everyone has one. While I want a civil discussion, I also don't want to sanitize the forum. If someone says something you think is ignorant, counter it without engaging in it.
3. Relevance. Let's keep the political stuff relevant to railroads. This isn't politics.net, it's railroad.net. Political commentary not specifically related to railroads will be deleted without notice.

Bottom line; this is a moderated forum. Believe me, I am not engaging in political correctness.

Thanks and respects to all.

Jeff