Railroad Forums 

• Site Issues and Improvements

• Important information from RAILROAD.NET site administrators. Need help using this site? Check here first! Your question may already have been answered here.
Important information from RAILROAD.NET site administrators. Need help using this site? Check here first! Your question may already have been answered here.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#1318477  by 4400Washboard

MEC407: It works, thanks!
 #1318478  by MEC407

Glad to help!
 #1320767  by lirr42

Is the issue of disappearing posts going to be solved sometime soon? I have still seen several cases of posts vanishing over the last several days, as recently as yesterday.
 #1320871  by poppyl

It seems like the pages have been loading very slowly recently. I have high speed internet service and haven't noticed any slowness on other sites.

Thanks.

Poppyl
 #1321282  by Backshophoss

The site was down for a while today,the "General Error" message,showed that the site had "crashed".
Is there any time frame during the week when the site goes down for "maintaince"??
 #1321324  by Tommy Meehan

poppyl wrote:It seems like the pages have been loading very slowly recently. I have high speed internet service and haven't noticed any slowness on other sites.
I use FIOS and most sites -- but not all -- load very quickly. Railroad Net is one of the slower loading ones and has been for a while. Lately I too have noticed the download time has increased. When the site is loading you can see the connections it is making in the lower left corner of your screen. My experience is it seems to hang up when connecting with Google Analytics which is a widely used website statistic service. Many users have complained about GA related slow downs on website page loading speed and I think Google usually blames it on sites using old versions of Google Analytics. However on Google's own product forum many users claim that GA does load slowly no matter what version you use.
 #1321367  by Backshophoss

There seems to be a "script" glitch in that google "crap"that's creating the slow load problem,
get a stop or debug script box in IE and Firefox,hitting the stop script button seems to get rid of that "bad script".
 #1321449  by ApproachMedium

I have zero issues with the site loading since the updates on Google chrome. And I have absolutely terrible Comcast of all internet services.
 #1321554  by runningwithscalpels

ApproachMedium wrote:I have zero issues with the site loading since the updates on Google chrome. And I have absolutely terrible Comcast of all internet services.
I second this - except of course, when the site is down ;)
 #1321557  by BigUglyCat

Backshophoss wrote:Found that addon for Firefox and added the ad blocker as well,that should kill that glitch
This has been working excellently for me also.
 #1321592  by BandA

The outage the other day was a Mysql and/or phbb failure. The website was technically up but only serving error pages. When you see that sort of thing, cut and paste the error & email the admin, which is what I did in case he didn't already know. Came back later and it seemed to be fixed. Isn't the internet wonderful :-)

[OT] Besides noscript & adblock-plus, try ghostery (tracking cookies, widgets, web beacons). I'd recommend forecastfox also but it's abandoned & partially broken...