Railroad Forums 

• Pinelawn Trash Transfer

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1192714  by Sir Ray

The plot...well, doesn't exactly thicken, but anyway. In the area today, so of course I passed by and had a look.
The GATX aggregate hoppers are there on the Poscilico siding, and the Costal sidings are jammed with cars - but now along the stub of the West Wye leg that is acting as a tail track for Poscilico, metal fence posts (the galvanized pole chain link fence kind) have appeared. The fence appears to surround this track stub on all 3 sides ( from the switch east to the bumper, across the ROW, and back to the old warehouse) - the fence pole a little east of the track bumper is thicker than the other posts, so perhaps they plan to hang a gate off of it, I don't know (it doesn't block the ROW...the bumper does that).
I didn't see these poles mentioned in pervious thread post, so they seem to have been put in between June 4 and today, June 8?
 #1193557  by tj48

Passed by the Posillico operation yesterday. Chain link fence is surrounding the tracks. There are openings by the switch leading into the site and by the bumper by New Highway. No gates as of yesterday.
 #1195393  by tj48

Passed the Poscillico site this afternoon. There are gates at both ends of the west wye leg along with privacy slats installed on the gates and fence line. There is then a gap by the switch leading into the site. A double gate then covers the entrance to the storage track and unloading track. No privacy slats on this section.
 #1199624  by AlKaLI

Haven't had too much to post lately due to vacation and being busy.

But on Wednesday afternoon, passed by Coastal in the afternoon and they had almost every available empty loaded.
On Thursday evening at 8:30 PM, I was suprised to see the RS-80 switching Coastal already as I drove over the crossing. I only got a
quick look but saw a NY&A Geep holding east of the crossing while something else was already pulling loads out. Could only guess that they were running push-pull style.

Posillico was empty of any cars on Wednesday but the Trackmobile was in the "privacy gated" section as reported by tj48.
By Thursday evening, the Trackmobile Titan was gone (to where?) and there was a cut of Tilcon cars spotted.
 #1201538  by Sir Ray

tj48 wrote:Passed the Poscillico site this afternoon. There are gates at both ends of the west wye leg along with privacy slats installed on the gates and fence line. There is then a gap by the switch leading into the site. A double gate then covers the entrance to the storage track and unloading track. No privacy slats on this section.
Was in the area, but a bit of a rush, so I only could safely get a shot of the privacy fence from the North side (not enough time to park in the Airport Plaza center lot and walk to get good south side shots, and I certainly wasn't going to stop on the tracks.
At least everyone can get an idea of the fence layout on the North side, and the gate.

#1203070  by alcoAL

I've noticed the past few nights that the Trackmobile has been parked just outside what looks like a second set of gates. Those are at the first set of side doors on the brick building.
 #1228192  by AlKaLI

Veterans Day! Thank a vet for his service to our country.

Drove by New Highway today on my way to Home Depot. Coastal was busy loading; already 8+ cars loaded and spilling out onto the siding at 8:45 AM.

At Posillico, caught the Trackmobile switching a cut of GATX annd Tilcon cars (12 cars in total). 3 more loads on the other track by the plant.
 #1229434  by AlKaLI

Drove by New Highway this AM. A couple of pick-ups and cars parked along the right-of-way. Then when I crossed the tracks, saw a crew of safety vests and an excavator at the switch leading to Coastal. Unusual that I didn't see any LIRR maint. trucks, just the guys and the excavator. All were around the switch.
I guess they were making some repairs? With Coastal loading about 10+ cars six days a week, I imagine they're one of NY&A's better customers? By the way, Coastal had there usual 10 loads of C&D inside ready to go.

Posillico had a string of loaded GATX hoppers with the Trackmobile in the "gated area". There has been recent ongoing paving for Rt 135, the Seaford-Oyster Bay Expressway -SOB to us locals. I am not sure where the asphalt is coming from but would not be surprised that it would be from Posillico.
 #1238146  by tj48

Past by Coastal a couple of days ago. They now appear to have a Trackmobile as well. Although it was night I believe it was one of these: http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=1507346" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . I could make out the name Hercules as it was parked next to the fence along New Highway.
 #1238154  by emfinite

NYAR engine 101 was there for a week or so to switch the cars out before coastal took delivery of the track mobile. It went back to Pond maybe a week ago.
 #1240302  by mirrodie

101 was out here. Sheesh, why not tell peeps beforehand. Would have enjoyed seeing that and a heads up...
 #1243957  by Sir Ray

Nothing too exciting along New Highway today...in a rather quick north bound drive-by, I sighted no aggregate hoppers on Posillico's property, within or without the fenced in siding. I didn't sight the Trackmobile there either, although I did see one on Coastal's property parked inside the New Highway Fence line - does Coastal have it's own Trackmobile, or does it share one with Poscillico (which would kind of make sense)?
 #1244000  by tj48

Sir Ray wrote:Nothing too exciting along New Highway today...in a rather quick north bound drive-by, I sighted no aggregate hoppers on Posillico's property, within or without the fenced in siding. I didn't sight the Trackmobile there either, although I did see one on Coastal's property parked inside the New Highway Fence line - does Coastal have it's own Trackmobile, or does it share one with Poscillico (which would kind of make sense)?
The unit at Poscillico is a Trackmobile Titan model. The unit at Coastal is a Trackmobile Hercules model. From what I've read the Titan models are more powerful than the Hercules models. I also believe the Poscillico unit had Poscillico decals on the sides. I passed the area Thursdays saw the same. No unit at Poscillico the Coastal unit was parked next to the fence.