Railroad Forums 

• Blissville Yard

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.

#368754  by Spartan Phalanx

Anything going on at Blissville yet? I'm sure NYA's yard-space shortage has'nt improved.
 #369548  by trainspot

Just found this thread, here's another photo.That was my parlor car photo, and here is one taken further back.
The parlors and Alcos were going to Naporano, Bliss was just a stopover point.

#386445  by Spartan Phalanx

Anything new at Blissville Yard as far as reactivating it for NYA?
 #386527  by SwingMan

When I went to L.I.C. two weeks ago, I noticed a switch that looked offly new, at the western end of the yard. Could this be something??? :-D lirr415
 #386933  by SwitchMonkey

Look across the street and you'll see prospective clients ... Ethanol maybe? Team yard? But as with all NYA projects, don't hold your breath.

#394956  by ncvab

WM is going to load containers in Maspeth Yard. A new driveway will be cut into the west end of the yard at 49th Street. The rice & vegetable cars, in the yard now, will be moved to Blissville Yard.

#394977  by Scrap em Again

Your right, possibly in 10 years. NYAs' crack new management team is right on it!!

#488466  by Spartan Phalanx

Has the past several months or the arrival of 2008 brought anything new to report about Blissville Yard? Thanks.
 #583348  by jtunnel

Looks like Railroad Construction is putting track back in a Bliss Yard in LIC
 #583417  by The Tenth Legion

Anybody know what is planned for Blissville Yard? How many tracks, capacity, double-ended or stub-ended, team-tracks for off-line customers, estimated completion date and operational date? Thanks.
 #583558  by DogBert

I thought NY&A traded rehab of Bliss for lower maintenance fees from LIRR? Thus, is this work for NY&A or LIRR?
 #583845  by The Tenth Legion

NYA obviously has a crushing need for yard space. Would'nt having Blissville available for serving Long Island City team yard, the lower Montauk customers, the Bushwick and Bay Ridge customers free-up yard space at Fresh Pond for more NYA service to Nassau and Suffolk Counties? I hope so. Get these trucks off the road, please........
 #584704  by RPM2Night

I wonder if they're going to open up Bliss as a block station again during this project. So is it known if this is NYAR or LIRR work yet?
 #587749  by DogBert

I took a look down there this weekend - seems to be 3 new yard tracks running the length of the yard area. It looks like the connection will be cut in right by Bliss.

I don't know if it's related or not but there was a large amount of LIRR MOW equipment laid up in maspeth yard.