Railroad Forums 

• What NYA Needs.....

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #67908  by LIRRNOVA55

Sorry, codent resist...to bad it would never happen though
Note: PM me and i will show you this picture. i dont wanna violate copywrights posting it here.
its a ex SP sd40t-2 in NYAR paint..its AWSOME looking!

#67938  by tushykushy

I'm sure by now almost anybody at NYA would want to use CP's power (being their SD40's) or P&W's power just to run the stone train. It won't ever happen. Either it doesn't meat LIRR regulations (i.e. third rail clearance) or it's just too heavy.

I know Scrap em All would've used those SD40's to haul the stone train a couple of times if he was allowed to... :wink:

#68012  by LIRRNOVA55

i would love to see them CP units on the stone train... even the P&W units would be nice to see

#68721  by freightguy

That is a good start. I think the opening line would run out of space in rr.net forum. What NYA needs......