Railroad Forums 

• The Stone Train

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #59518  by Legio X

I saw the stone train this morning as it was passing over the Cross Island Parkway at 0913 hrs, eastbound. I could'nt see the motive power, just the TLCX, nee-FEC, 40' Ortner aggregate hoppers that made up the train.

#59602  by emfinite

Here's the RS-30 through Bethpage at 9:40am: http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=80912

I also caught the return at Pinelawn around 1:15pm. What was with the Soo Line hoppers? Haven't seen those in a LONG while.
 #61232  by blackhawk

Hi,

Just wanted to know when the stone train will be passing through prima tommorrow. I'm hoping to get some pics of you guys.

Thanks,

Debbie

#61285  by tushykushy

I usually catch them around Farmingdale around 9:15-9:45'ish, so I'd say anywhere between 10:45-11:00 would be a safe bet.

#61490  by Legio X

I caught a westbound train of empty hoppers this afternoon pulled by two GP38-2's and an MP-15ac past the Richmond Hill team yard at 1500 hrs. The first part of the consist was made up of Soo Line hoppers, and the remainder JTSX hoppers. There was a single BNSF 60' double-door high cube boxcar in the team yard.