Railroad Forums 

• Reward For Missing Locomotives

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.

#10094  by jayrmli

Hey, at least they found the shop building! It's finally going up!

Jay

#10638  by Mr GP10

If Im not mistaken once the 261/268 come back to the NY&A the 270/271 might go up to get their rebuild. I could be wrong. Does any one else know for sure?

#13433  by Knife-Switch

Ca'ching Ca'ching WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup thats right, I've come to collect the reward for the two rebuilt loco's placed ever so nicely by the Mad Russian in our East Yard. They arrived appx 2AM w/o the rumored paint-job.

Bet ya Scrapper will bid an Extra just to b the first to take them for a spin :P
 #13439  by freightguy

I believe I confirmed the locomotives whereabouts with the mad Russian as he traversed over the former NYCRR bridge 35 onto NYA property at approximately 0136 this morning. Thanks for playing though!

GREG :D

#13529  by jayrmli

You snooze You lose!

Let's see how good a job they did on the wheels. I predict at least one on the shop track before the end of the week!

I hope the 270 & 271 don't go up until they know the other two are working OK. They're the best running engines we have.

Jay
 #13660  by Jayjay1213

Make it thru the week, we werent even a quarter of the way out when the alarm bells on the 261 went off and I shut it down for the remainder of the day. At least we had plenty of power to play around with so as to be able to give them a break in.

[/quote]

#13806  by jayrmli

Damn I'm good!! :wink:

Jay

#39789  by DogBert

So how's the fleet handling the heat thus far this summer? What's DOA, what's running, and is there a functional shop building yet?

#39901  by emfinite

Haven't seen 261 in about 3 weeks...

#40217  by jayrmli

I don't know about the engines on the west end, but most of the road engines I've had have held up pretty well in the heat.

As usual though, during the first really warm spell, you start to get water leaks as the hoses become more brittle over time. Once that kink was worked out, it hasn't been too bad.

There are quite a few engines sidelined in Pond. I'll let others who know more divulge what's wrong with them.

Jay

#41369  by Mr GP10

Are any of the 2 SW-1200s or the GP-10 O/O/S? As well as any of the GP-38-2s? Whats the latest with the MP-15AC # 156 will it be running any time soon? I know so many questions............lol.

#41429  by emfinite

I was at Pond yesterday morning, here is the scoop:

Engines 101 and 105 were online on the shop tracks behind an offline 261. The 156 is in the same spot it was for the past 2 months now, still dead. I spotted an SW1200, GP10 and MP15 on the RS-301 heading upstairs, so ONE of the SW1200's are in service, not sure which one. All the other Geeps are running fine I assume. I spotted 268 and 151 on the RS-30 and I'm guessing 270 and 271 are back to their usual grind on the RS-50/60.

Joe