Railroad Forums 

• NYNJ Rail Sightings

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1406497  by adama1

[quote="1890rOGERS460"]It's a shame that they have so little activity along First Avenue now. Not only did it provide for good trainspoting when that had more customers, but the neighborhood is so congested with the truck traffic.[/quo

1. The siding for Yi Pin Food (betweet 39th and 41th St) was rebuilt. Has it already been used again?
2. Amazing that none of the other 13 sidinsg is used.
 #1406847  by jtunnel

"1. The siding for Yi Pin Food (betweet 39th and 41th St) was rebuilt. Has it already been used again?"

No. Yi Pin has relocated to New Jersey (still uses rail, but in NJ) Yi Pin building was being demolished the last time I was down there (about two weeks ago) That Industry City Building nearby is now being used by the Brooklyn Nets Basketball team. Not sure how much rail freight they need.

"2. Amazing that none of the other 13 sidinsg is used."

Most are now isolated from the Right of Way since the last track and street upgrades by the NYC EDC/DDC cut them off. Those still attached are serving users that don't need rail (Verizon, DHL, storage, etc.) Davison Pipe was torn down within the past month as well. Progress!
 #1419088  by jtunnel

There is still a few cars from SIMS Metals and a great number of centerbeams to KAMCO. 65th Street is busy. I've noticed that they give both locomotives a turn working. A few quick grabs from last night on my way home.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskQr3mQW" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1419772  by tj48

What does the NYNJ use for power on the New Jersey side in Greenville yard?
 #1419811  by jtunnel

Is that recent? What happened to the other two KLW SE10B units? That's what I saw the last time I was on the New Jersey side. The Port Jersey SW1200 1197 was also around.