Railroad Forums 

• NYNJ Rail Sightings

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1425427  by deandremouse

What ever became of SW1500 1133? last time I saw a picture of it, it was on a CSX train going somewhere?
 #1432042  by gregorygrice

New York & Atlantic Railway's RS-20 made an inaugural trip on the brand new D&M Lumber Industrial Track spotting a "test load" towards the bumper block for unloading. The new 600+ foot track allows D&M to order/receive more cars at once and unload them closer to the area where their stock is stored.

Photo Link: http://www.railpictures.net/photo/617175/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1432107  by ccutler

gregoryrice, thanks for posting the link! I always see many freight cars back there whenever I am in the neighborhood. Are there other shippers in that lot or just the lumber yard?
 #1432126  by gregorygrice

ccutler wrote:gregoryrice, thanks for posting the link! I always see many freight cars back there whenever I am in the neighborhood. Are there other shippers in that lot or just the lumber yard?
Yang Shing Trading, D&M Lumber, Easy Fat and Jenine Team Track customers.
 #1434854  by rr503

I went by yesterday -- the stored gons at 51st St are gone. The only piece of equipment in the yard is the caboose now.
Has NYNJ managed to solicit any new business recently? I know they have SIMS, the two lumber customers and bridge traffic, but I was wondering if there was anything new.
Also, when will the new barge(s?) arrive?
 #1434923  by railfan365

I've seen videos of NYNJ lcoomotives shoving cars into the 39th Street facility for SIMS. Why did they not botherr to build a runaround track or a loop so that a locomotive could pull under all cricumstance? That would be SAFER, espcially in street running.
 #1434985  by Ðauntless

There IS a runaround.

More then 2 lumber customers as well.
 #1435045  by railfan365

Ðauntless wrote:There IS a runaround.

If there is a runarounf at 39th Strret - then why do they need to shovwe trains in from 1st Avenue?
 #1435055  by rr503

Ðauntless wrote:There IS a runaround.

How many? Names?

Are there any other customers aside from SIMS and them?
 #1435326  by rscott417

There is definitely a runaround track, I took these in 2012. I guess it's easier for them to runaround in the 1st ave yard
rscott417 wrote: Image