Railroad Forums 

• HO scale NYA engines (an inquiry)

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #53679  by BMT

I recall there was a young man who tragically passed away from cancer about two years ago who had custom-painted a number of GP-38's in the NYA color scheme (including authentic decaling). These models -- or at least his initial one -- was available for sale at Willis Hobbies in Mineola. Does anyone know if the remaining engines he completed will be offered for sale at some point?

#53705  by emfinite

That man was George Hunka. His models were sold off at RMLI's Railfest last August. I was lucky enough to pick up 3 Conrail units. His mother may still be able to be contacted about buying off whatever is left, if anything. I remember her being behind the booth with Steve Torborg of Locomotive 35.

#53753  by jayrmli

My only suggestion would be to contact Friends of 35. They may have the remainder and/or could point you in the right direction.

Jay

#53759  by SeldenJrFireman

I think my friend got the one from willis, #270 or 268.

#53761  by BMT

Thanks for the info, guys.

#53935  by SeldenJrFireman

Speakin' of custom painted, Anybody interested in painting a G scale GP38-2 in NYA livery?

#54211  by JoeLIRR

I had thouts about painting a G scale Geep into NYA and LIRR but dont have the equpt to do it.
but yeah, if for the idea.

#55181  by Gruntled

Did George Hunka paint the HO scale NYA Geeps that were given out as annual safety awards a few years back?

#55182  by emfinite

Those were painted by Bobby Kasza who works for the LIRR.

#62586  by BEDT16RMLI

G Scale GP39s, you took my idea lol, I am also painting one up in N-Scale
 #63028  by BMT

I lucked out by picking up a beautifully custom-painted SW-1000 in the NYA paint-scheme. The model was decalled for engine 106. There were two models available earlier in the day, so I got lucky when I came by the table later on as they were down to the one unit. I asked if they did a GP-38 and was told that if the customer wants one it's up to the customer to supply the model.

The vendor is Gold Spike Hobbies. They can be contacted at:
www.goldspikehobbies.com

I'll try amd get a picture downloaded at some point.

#63325  by M1 9147

And Doug brought me there, and I bought LIRR 101 (now NYA) when it was in the scheme as SW1001 #103 is in today. Don't worry Doug, I'll get my NYA model soon. See you at the Rodeo.