Railroad Forums 

• Work Train From Fremont ?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #52976  by WIN Tower

yesterday after the CSX train returned to OakPoint , i noticed a short train made up of about ten old/faded yellow hoppers also headed to Oak Point . i did not see what was pulling this train , but was wondering if it was a work train or if anybody knew anything about it ?
 #53117  by Mr rt

Why would CSX work on the Hell Gate/Fremont line ?
Fremont area would be LIRR,
then NY-Connecting would be ? CSX ?

#53799  by DogBert

CSX would do the trackwork on the connecting line over hell gate, yes...

Haven't seen any work train of hoppers up there myself, but I did see perhaps 2 weeks ago a burro crane right near the main span - I'm pretty sure it was on the amtrak side of the bridge though.

In any case, there has been a small crew of people working on something on the bridge pretty much all summer.