Railroad Forums 

• 2004 Riverhead Railroad Festival

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #46500  by jayrmli

The Railroad Museum of Long Island will be hosting its fifth annual Riverhead Railroad Festival this coming August 28th and 29th, at their Riverhead facilty from 10:00AM to 4:00PM each day. The theme of this year's event is "The Railroads at the World's Fair," commemorating the 40th anniversary of the 1964-65 World's Fair. The star of the event will be the operation of the same G-16 Miniature Train operated by the Long Island Rail Road at their pavilion during the fair.

Also over the weekend will be the unveiling of our new exhibit inside the Visitor's Center on the World's Fair, and the vital role that the Long Island Rail Road played in it. Short movies on the fair will also be shown inside a temporary theater that is set up just for the weekend. The New York & Atlantic Railway has agreed to display a locomotive this year, and some of the cars in the museum's collection will be open for inspection to the public. Outside in the yard, a train show featuring vendors and non-profit railroad groups from across Long Island will be selling merchandise and promoting their organizations. Other attractions for kids are planned as well.

The Railroad Museum of Long Island is located at 416 Griffing Avenue in Riverhead, diagonally across from the Riverhead Railroad Station. Getting to the fair is easy by both car and train. For more information, you may call the museum at 631-727-7920 or email Jay Eichler at [email protected].

#46545  by lirrmike

Jay,

Could we possibily link your post to mine over at the LIRR forum?

Mike

#47282  by Scrap em All

Hey Jay, Is it the 201? NYA would probably let you keep it.

#47366  by jayrmli

I won't know what engine it is until tomorrow. Hopefully, it will be dropped off tomorrow afternoon.

I can assure you it won't be the GP10. She's not going anywhere for awhile, maybe not ever!

Jay

#47497  by tahawus84

How much are they selling the gp10 for?

#47500  by emfinite

I've been shopping around for an airhorn to put in the trunk of my car along with an air compressor. I've got dibbs on the horn assembly...

#48812  by SeldenJrFireman

Sorry joe, I believe I beat you by a week! :-)