Railroad Forums 

• Old Tracks Parallel to Seneca Ave

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #44972  by GP38

In a talk about an old theater called the Majestic Theater on Seneca AVe and Greene, someone mentioned that there used to be tracks behind this theater, running parallel to Seneca Ave.
Here's the page where I found this, the tracks come up after about 5 or 6 responses http://cinematreasures.org/theater/7895/

Anyway, I know the Evergreen Branch was between Wyckoff and Irving, but what were these tracks? I speculated on that page that they were a siding from the nearby Bushwick Branch. One of the posters mentioned he remembered seeing freight cars on them, so they appear not to be trolley tracks. Any information on these tracks would be greatly appreciated, like when they were used, where they came from, how far they went south, etc.
 #45699  by TheBoyFromNewYorkCity

That movie theatre site is too cool!

Talk about a walk down memory lane!

I grew up with the NY Connecting right behind our backyard.

74th St & 44th Ave.

In Elmhurst.

About a block from the Queens Blvd overpass.

Thanks again for that site.

TheBoyFromNewYorkCity
                          USMC•FDNY